Diana Jane is a talented visual artist and photographer using the camera as a tool to create her artwork.
Diana Jane’s work has an ethereal quality subtly fusing the boundaries between reality and fiction.
Using many layers of photographs, paint textures and found objects the finished artwork is a new representation of the truth.
“When I go out with my camera I am not concerned with getting a finished image. I photograph the world around me, the sea, fields, trees, birds, Sand dunes, open spaces anything that I think I can use within my work. Once in my studio, I will use a combination of these photographs along with found objects to create an entirely new image. This is then fused with layers of paint, clouds and other textures to create a subtle quality that has a calming effect on the image. My current work focuses on quieter moments of contemplation, a meditation to bring alignment and balance.”
Diana Jane’s background is in photography and fine art. She attended the University of Brighton to complete a BA Hons in Photography in 2003 and went on to obtain an MA in Fine Art from the Winchester School of Art. Working from her home studio in Surrey she was a member of the Surrey Artists’ Open Studios for three years, having now moved to Dorset is looking forward to joining Dorset Arts Weeks next year.
Visitors to her studio are welcome by appointment.
These exquisite Giclee prints are beautifully presented on a matt heavyweight watercolour paper. All signed, dated and numbered, and come with a certificate of authenticity.
For further information and availability please contact here.
Recent exhibitions, shows and awards:
- Surrey Artists’ Open Studio June 2018
- Guildford Fringe Festival July 2018
- New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham. Surrey Artists’ Open Studios Finalist group exhibition September 2018
- Surrey Artists’ Open Studio June 2019
- Sonning Golf Club, Reading. Evening Speaker, lecture on Sophie Calle and Sally Mann December 2019
- Contemporary Arts Fair, Sandown March 2020
- Lightbox Gallery, Woking. Victoria Square Art Project, group Exhibition (On-Line due to Covid 19) July 2020
- London Invitational Arts Contest, Winner. (On-line Exhibition due to Covid 19) September 2020
- Surrey Artists’ Open Studio September 2020
- Visual Arts Open 2020. Winner Photography/Digital (On-line exhibition due to Covid 19) December 2020
- Cass Arts Interview December 2020